BP Logix Process Director Review

What is most valuable?

The best features of this product are the following:

• Point and Click interface, which requires zero coding and anyone can build workflows and processes without any difficulty.
  • Seamless customization of the instance so you can customize it to your business needs without the need for developers.
  • Analytics, which provides 360 views of your business processes in real time (crucial for business decisions) and mobile capabilities so users can execute, track and approve processes on the go no matter where you are (the application is web-based).
  • Another huge and important feature is security. Process Director holds strong security features within groups and partitions to prevent users from viewing certain data (especially internal and external) and allows administrators to build unique security settings.

How has it helped my organization?

I work for a large advertising corporation with a large number of moving parts and processes between departments and our clients. This product enables us to track financial and production deliverable information in order for our clients to get to markets quickly and for our advertising agencies to deliver faster turnaround times.

What needs improvement?

The one area of improvement would be marketing of the product. There are many BPM platforms out there on the market today. This one should be towards the top over some of the big names, such as IBM and Oracle.

The company I am working for has been using the software since 2011.

We used to encounter issues with cache within a load-balanced environment, but version 4 has resolved this issue.

We have not had any scalability issues.

Another amazing feature of the application is how scalable the application can be. As long as your infrastructure grows, you can add more users and processes into the mix.

The level of technical support from the vendor is great. They have a dedicated team out of California who are always on call for their clients. In terms within our organization, they have to host close to 2500 end users, so our technical support contains two administrators.

We used a file share system called eRoom, which doesn't exist anymore. It wasn't a BPM tool, more of a file repository solution that was converted into a poor BPM solution.

I joined the company after the BPM solution was implemented, but the setup is straightforward. The software is installed onto an SQL server via a .exe file you receive from BP Logix. The install automatically does everything for you.

The pricing model is a lot cheaper than existing BPM solutions on the market (which was another factor as to why we went with Process Director BPM). The pricing model is based on the infrastructure instead of users, so you can have as many users as you want. You just need the right infrastructure in place. They have both a cloud-based and on-premise solution. We use the on-premise solution.

Since I joined the company, after this product was implemented, I cannot speak to this question because I am not sure what other products were evaluated. I do know, there were several vendors that we engaged for BPM tools.

What other advice do I have?

The software is incredibly easy to use and can integrate with any platform (CRM, ERP, HRIS, etc.).

I recommend users to first document all the needs that they want to achieve with a BPM tool (all processes, end user audience, workflows, goals to achieve, etc.) and come up with how they want to use the solution. First bring out your foundation (admin profiles, admin views, partitions, etc.), then start building out your end user interfaces, processes and workflows. This will help you build a strong foundation and not have to go back and reconfigure many areas.