Broadcom Agile Requirements Designer Review

Helped us to move from manual testing to automation testing

What is our primary use case?

We use CA Agile Requirements Designer for model-based testing, and also automate test case creation and generate test automation scripts.

How has it helped my organization?

It reduced the effort required for test case creation, test case review, automation script generation, and maintenance of test cases and automation scripts. We were able to reduce our QA team size by 50 percent. It helped resources without programming knowledge to create automation scripts. It enabled in-sprint automation and implement continuous testing.

It helped us to move from manual testing to automation testing. Application level SMEs without scripting knowledge were able to create automation scripts. Integration with Test Data Manager, reduced the effort required in synthetic data generation and finding the test data from a master testbed quickly. Integration with Rally helped us to upload test cases quickly.

What is most valuable?

• Business flow creation
  • Test case optimization and generation
  • Risk-based testing
  • Automation test script creation
  • Test Data Manager integration

The product reduces the efforts required in documenting requirements, test case creation, and automation script generation. Test Case Review was quick and easy, by visually going over the flow. We were able to standardize the automation scripts.

What needs improvement?

ARD is constantly improving, and CA is always working on adding new features. Integration with Agile management tools can be improved, i.e., mainly test case maintenance and linking test cases to the automation script.

Three to five years.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent. I have been using this product for nearly four years. They provide solutions quickly for issues encountered.

We sought out this solution because we needed to automate our regression test cases. Application SMEs without automation scripting experience were our main challenge.

When we got introduced to ARD, we did a PoC and realized the benefits. Then, we implemented ARD in our projects.

The initial setup was straightforward. Installation was quick. Then, we needed to activate the license by following the instruction provided.

This tool reduces the cost associated with test cases, automation script generation, and maintenance costs. So go for it. It will bring great savings to your organisation.

We did not evaluate any other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking to implement model-based testing, reduce the effort required for documenting the requirements, test case creation, automation script generation, maintenance of test cases, and automation scripts, then go for it. It will bring great savings to your organisation.

More Broadcom Agile Requirements Designer reviews from users