Broadcom Agile Requirements Designer Review

What is our primary use case?

We are trying to create models, then get the maximum number of test coverage by getting the minimum number of tests. That is what we are looking for: Getting the minimum amount of test cases which provide the maximum coverage. We want to test the minimum amount of cases.

As of now, we do not have a tool which can tell us this. We might end up overtesting, but we have no way of knowing. For this purpose, we use other tools as well, to show how well it integrates and contributes to the continuous testing process.

How has it helped my organization?

We are trying to establish a process. As of now, we have not come to a point where we are only using ARD with other tools. We are trying to find better ways of how to use it. We have just done a type of PoC, where we have some model and created a number of test cases, which gives us an idea of the test cases to be executed afterward. We wanted to use it digitally, in practice, but what we see is data integration points. This does not give us the flexibility of ramming the test with multiple sets of data at one time. Therefore, we are just trying to look into the aspect where it gives us more flexibility in terms of integration and using it in our continuous process.

Optimization is something which I like in the tool. It gives me an idea of what are the minimum number of cases which I can execute in order to complete my testing.

What is most valuable?

I like the optimization, because it gives me an idea of the minimum number of test cases. It also gives me an idea of coverage.

The integrations with other tools is very important for our continuous testing process.

What needs improvement?

I was looking into some pre-release testing on the integrations with CA Application Test, and when I exposed the test directly to App Test, I found that the tests which we directly exposed have one set of data that we can directly expose and run in App Test. Once we run it, we come to know whether the test has passed or failed. Currently, when we are running a test in App Test, we are running it with TDM data, so it helps my tests run with multiple sets of data at once. I feel that it is a more efficient process if we are running a test with different sets of TDM data. However, if you take data directly from ARD, it is one test with one set of data, which is getting executed. Therefore, data flexibility is something which I would like to see, along with more integration with App Test.

Also, a template in App Test should be created in advance. This has proven to be time consuming. The process is not fully automated, because there is a lot of manual intervention is required. I would like an enhancement or something from the tool that I can use in a more automated way than a manual process.

It is quite a stable product.

We are fine in terms of scalability.

The support team is good.

I have not previously used a test case design tool.

The company was just using ALM for our test management: creating manual test cases, designing and planning, requirements, and traceability.

The initial setup was quite straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise to use this product, because it is a good way to create models and establish model-based process testing. The optimization technique with integrations is seamless, and a very good tool.

It gives us an idea of creating the visual diagrams, which are quite easy to use. It is helpful in creating our business processes. The optimization technique helps in giving us the minimum number of test cases with maximum coverage.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners.
More Broadcom Agile Requirements Designer reviews from users