Broadcom Clarity PPM Review

Stable and great for portfolio and project management.

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for time management, product management, resource management, and financial management. We use it for any type of governance that's needed for a project.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped us with the finance aspects of our organization.

What is most valuable?

The solution is the best tool for portfolio and project management.

It's very good out of the box, without configurations required.

What needs improvement?

The user interface (UI) needs to be improved. Right now, it's not the best.

The usability at this point is terrible. It makes the product hard to use unnecessarily. It's not intuitive at all. I've had to force myself to learn it and it's been hard.

We use an older version, so It might have been updated in newer versions. That said, everything needs to be fixed, including the font, colors, and navigation. It's literally every aspect that needs updating.

The core of PPM is very complex.

The solution needs more documentation.

The technical support is not the best. It needs better support for Agile practices.

It's very difficult to integrate anything with the product.

I've been using the solution for five or six years at this point.

The solution is stable. There are no issues there. I don't recall having any issues with reliability.

The scalability is a bit complex. It's hard to modify things on the product, which affects the ability to expand.

I'm not sure of how many users are on the solution.

The technical support was terrible. We weren't too satisfied with their level of support.

When it came to getting help with integration, we really didn't get any support.

They also need more documentation. There's not enough to really be able to help clients.

We didn't previously use a different solution, however, Broadcom used to be CI Technologies.

The solution is not straightforward. It's complex. On top of that, the usability is bad, which makes the entire process even harder than it has to be. It requires a lot of knowledge.

With one client, with all the implementation and configurations needed, the deployment process took about a year.

I'm not sure how many employees were needed for deployment or maintenance.

I don't know of what the actual costs of the solution were.

I recommend PPM. I'd advise against changing functionality on the box, however.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure of the exact version of the solution, however, I believe it to be some aspect of version 12 - potentially 12.4. It's an older on-premises version.

Overall, I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

More Broadcom Clarity PPM reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Broadcom Clarity PPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.