Broadcom Clarity PPM Review

The adoption rate has been quite easy for all our project managers and the head of the department.

What is most valuable?

The platform is quite robust. We were looking for a solution that would help us build a PMO for our operations, which are based in four different countries. They all have different needs, and different business objectives and relationships; so we needed a very robust yet flexible solution.

CA Clarity, now called PPM, has met all our expectations. We're very delighted with the use of it. Internally, we have seen a good return on investment. The adoption rate has been quite easy for all our project managers and the head of the department; so we are very, very happy users.

There are several benefits to it. First of all is the accountability. You can go deep into any project that you have in your portfolio in terms of resource assignments or scheduling, costs and deviation from the plan. All of that combined with a very intuitive user interface makes the work a lot easier for all the PMO activities.

How has it helped my organization?

It was a big improvement because we did not previously have a formal tool to manage projects. So, we went from nothing to using the “best of breeds”; so we are very satisfied with how everything turned out.

What needs improvement?

I don't have a deep knowledge of the product, so I am probably not the best person to give you feedback on that. That would be more the function of our PMO head.

I know that there is a kind of normal evolution in the PPM roadmap. So there should be more analytics, some small improvements in terms of usability, and things like that. But I think the platform is very stable and very reliable. It's scalable; and it complies with any expectation that a company, at least a company of our size, might need.

3 years now.

Deployment has been quite smooth, where the partner´s expertise helped a lot.

I think it's a very stable platform. We haven’t suffered so far from any kind of technical difficulties. There are some bumps in the road. Maybe these are more related to functionality, or things that appear on the way that you need to learn; but I haven’t seen any technical issues.

It's a scalable enterprise-level solution. There are no problems with it.

At first, we got good help both from CA and the CA partner who joined us in the deployment. Once we rolled it out, thought, we didn’t have any kind of technical issues.

We did not use any other vendors before CA to provide a solution. When we were selecting a vendor, we considered their reliability and presence in our region. This is a key factor for us, and CA has fortunately been stable in Latin America. It's committed to our countries, and that means a lot. Price is also important. That’s normal.

What other advice do I have?

It is definitely worth taking a good look at it. Don't be scared off by some people saying it's an expensive solution. You cannot compare a tool like this with some other tools that are out there in the market, or even open-source options. It's an unfair comparison. If you're looking for an enterprise-level solution, then CA PPM definitely is the best out there.

More Broadcom Clarity PPM reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Broadcom Clarity PPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.