Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Review

Stable, straightforward to set up and use, and it has good network monitoring features

What is our primary use case?

We are a service and solution provider, and this is one of the monitoring products that we implement for our customers.

The primary use case is network monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The features that I find most valuable are related to network monitoring. One of my colleagues is more focused on the application performance management aspects and has a better appreciation for those features.

It is straightforward to use.

What needs improvement?

The feedback that I have received from some customers is that they want to see more information on one screen when it comes to IT management. For example, they would like to have IP management, where it detects and shows IP conflicts on the network.

Ideally, the vendor would be better helping vendors by pushing this solution. If they created webinars then it would be helpful in this regard because potential customers need to have an overview of the features and benefits that they can get from it.

Technical support needs to be more responsive and address support tickets more quickly.

We have been using this solution for more than eight years, before the acquisition of CA by Broadcom.

Stability-wise, I think that this is a superb solution and my customers have been rating it high.

Technical support has not been what it was since before the acquisition by Broadcom. However, it is improving. There are a lot of things that they need to fine-tune and get back on track. In particular, they need to respond to issues more quickly.

Sometimes the partners run into problems with implementation. It could be an issue with the environment, for example. When the support ticket is logged, I need them to respond immediately or come online to be able to help resolve it at the time.

Time can be used when they ask for more information, such as sending certain logs. However, I want a situation where when you raise a priority-one ticket, they should be able to log in, take over the system, and help resolve issues as quickly as possible.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We deploy this product for our customers and then we help them to manage it.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I continue to recommend to my customers.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Broadcom DX Application Performance Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Learn what your peers think about Broadcom DX Application Performance Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.