Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Review

Valuable features include Transaction Trace Session, Query Historical Errors and Investigator's Dashboards

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

• SLAs and User Experience improved (most of all- User Experience / Application performance)
  • You can fix complex incidents with a quick look at the dashboards (CA dashboards or your custom dashboards)
  • You can easily be proactive and can help to save departments a lot of time. If you have a great platform, (something that is actually very common in enterprise environments) you have a lot of log files.

Room for Improvement

Probe-based network appliance: Add more protocols (currently only supports TCP, HTTP and HTTPS) Software / Consoles / Dashboards

Use of Solution

Over 5 years

Only in old versions (where MOM does not exists)

I would give CA customer service a 8 out of 10.

I would give CA Technical Support a 7 out of 10. They have a great knowledge database and great documentation.

The initial setup was very easy. If anything, the more complex task was the configuration of the probe-based network appliance SW. To be honest, the only issue was because of an error we had with the ISO for version 9.1.4. Our storage guys "undeploy" a NFS file system from the virtual machine and the ISO (RHEL 5.2 + TIM Sw) fails in the boot. Now you can install a supported OS on your own and then install TIM SW (you can get the TIM SW installer on your own.)

Implementation Team

Our initial implementation was done by a CA spanish consultant and the posterior tuning with a CA partner. Working with them went well.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The initial setup was a couple of days of work. Our setup cost also included a license and initial contract. There is no day-to-day cost for my company.

Other Solutions Considered

I also evaluated Compuware, Lucierna and Oracle.

Other Advice

If you are not an APM expert and have no hands of experience with any APM solution, I recommend having CA do the initial setup (or via an experience partner).

More Broadcom DX Application Performance Management reviews from users