Broadcom Service Virtualization Review

It can generate predefined responses to data so that we have a complete understanding as to how we’d perform, though it's a heavyweight tool for my personal needs.

What is most valuable?

It's the ability to capture and replay traffic that's most valuable to us. We can monitor network traffic while getting data, and a virtual endpoint lets us see what the platform would respond with. We use it to isolate our app from unreliable pieces of the ecosystem, protecting our code from uncertainty.

How has it helped my organization?

Isolating the application that we’re testing is the top benefit. Also, it adds the ability to generate predefined responses to data so that we have a complete understanding as to how we’d perform.

What needs improvement?

So far nothing, it has everything I've needed. Totally everything.

However, it's a pretty heavyweight tool for my personal needs. I like to do stuff on my own and would normally prefer to use my own solution for service virtualization, rather than such a heavyweight, extensive product. In half an afternoon, I could make a few scripts to meet all the needs myself.

I haven't used it for long. We went through training, and have been planning how to use it as our app is still being developed. Training usage was two months.

It seems to be scalable, but we don’t know to what extent. For my testing needs, the solution has been fine, but I’m not sure from an enterprise perspective. I’ve been at Nike for two years and used to be just a Java developer.

I've not had to use them.

We used Charles Proxy and it required much more manual work. This product is much more automatic.

This is what I'm primarily doing. It's been straightforward with no issues.

It was a corporate decision to change. They looked for a solution that most accurately solved the need at hand efficiently. The most direct applicable solution to my needs is the important thing.

What other advice do I have?

Jump in and play around with it, and you'll get it easily.

More Broadcom Service Virtualization reviews from users