Broadcom Service Virtualization Review

It provides a quick and easy web service virtualization solution. The web portal seems to still be in beta.

What is most valuable?

Its integration capabilities with other external tools and technologies - such as Selenium, JDBC, external JARs (which can be placed in /HotDeploy and used) - is quite impressive, as is its wide range of support for various protocols, such as FTP, FTPS, HTTP to TCP, etc.

Because I have been exploiting its features for web service virtualization, I like the way it provides a quick and easy solution in that area. The ease with which a virtual service can be generated with minimal inputs and quick time makes it favorable.

How has it helped my organization?

Because I have been using this tool for web service virtualization, my development team relies heavily on me for the virtual service until the time the actual services are under development. This way, the tool provides a push to the agile methodology and has been great in achieving that.

What needs improvement?

In addition to a workstation, the tool has a web portal, with which (without getting into a lot of technicalities) one can generate virtual services quickly. However, even though it launched more than two years back, it still seems to be in beta version. Cross-browser support is not that good for that portal. On top of that, it doesn’t provide most of the features provided by workstation.

Coming back to the DevTest workstation, there are a few areas of improvement there as well. For instance, virtual services are not supposed to be of the same type all the time. With varying nature, DevTest fails to meet expectations sometimes.

I have been using CA DevTest for 2+ years now.

To date, I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support has been superb. 10/10 for that.

DevTest was the first tool we used for virtualization.

Initial setup was simple.

Because my enterprise team took care of all this, I cannot write much on this.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Just go for this product if its features are capable of meeting your requirements.

9.1
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners
More Broadcom Service Virtualization reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Parasoft, Micro Focus and others in Service Virtualization. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.