Broadcom Service Virtualization Review

For our agile development projects, where most third-party interfaces are not available, we use this product for early testing.

What is most valuable?

It helps us to create service scripts for performing shift-left in our testing.

In the development environment during the early lifecycle, whenever there is a third-party interface that is not available, we use this product to create those steps that help us in getting responses, as and when needed.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to shift-left in our testing life cycle.

We do start testing at an early stage in the development environment, even before it gets into QA.

Generally, for our agile development projects, most of the third-party interfaces or interfacing applications which are shared services such as middleware services are not available. This is when we use CA Service Virtualization for early testing. Once we get into the QA environment, we test with real interfaces.

What needs improvement?

This product provides an interface with current test management tools and that’s what we like about it.

However, we would like to see more interfaces with all open source platforms, especially in the CI/CD framework such as Jenkins, TFS tools.

It is very stable. We've been using it for quite some time.

This product is very scalable.

I have not interacted directly with technical support. We have our own team that is in charge of this aspect.

Previously, we did use HP Service Test and SoapUI software, but we find this solution to be more scalable and stable.

I was not involved in the initial setup process, since we have a setup team that takes care of this.

What other advice do I have?

Not many people know that even in the development space, developers can utilize this solution to perform some of their unit testing, before they get into real interfaces. This awareness is not there in the market. We use this product in performance and functional testing, so probably even in unit testing the developers could use it. Thus, we would strongly recommend to explore this tool and its functionalities.

The most important criteria while choosing a vendor is primarily its performance track record in the market and the range of solutions they provide across lifecycles. Another important aspect is the ability to interface with multiple solutions that are available in the market.

More Broadcom Service Virtualization reviews from users