Broadcom Service Virtualization Review

100% flexibility by being able to change models. Technical support is excellent.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features!

• Recording to build models, even from non-trivial sources.
  • Ability to vary the responses very easily (randomize, pick-lists, etc.)
  • Useful for performance testing — highly scalable and can vary response times.
  • 100% flexibility by being able to change models.

How has it helped my organization?

We have many third-party dependencies. Situations we have to develop and test for include when they are down, or change their data, or don’t support certain conditions. This tool simulates them perfectly, but under our control to change and keep up 100%.

What needs improvement?

They can always work on usability and making simple things simple to do. This is true of every product that deals with complexity.

I have used CA Service Virtualization for nine years.

We have had no stability issues.

CA Service Virtualization provides impressive scaling abilities.

Technical support is excellent.

We had mock-up type products but they aren’t sophisticated enough.

The complexity of an install totally depends on what you are trying to virtualize. Sometimes configuring the security settings for recording is a pain but that’s not because of the product, it’s just a pain.

I don’t deal with pricing so I can’t help.

I didn’t evaluate other solutions. I was an early customer, they invented this space and delivered a great solution.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure development gets involved. It’s more valuable the earlier it’s used in a dev cycle.

More Broadcom Service Virtualization reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Parasoft, Micro Focus and others in Service Virtualization. Updated: June 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.