Brocade StorageX Review

Once you configure your zones and stay up and it's fast enough, all it does is pass traffic. However, we use SSH through CLI, and it would be nice if the UI was more user friendly.

Valuable Features

Reliability on fibre-channel side. We’ve never had one go out in 3 years I've been with UK. We can’t afford to lose any.

Improvements to My Organization

Hard to say because it’s an invisible player and the fact that it stays that way is the advantage. Once you configure your zones and stay up and it's fast enough, all it does is pass traffic. No need to ever touch.

Room for Improvement

Only thing I would suggest is a better UI. We use SSH through CLI, and it would be nice if there was something more user friendly.

Never had to touch it. Every once and a while, there's a firmware upgrade, but that’s a simple process that hasn't been a problem. Uptime on this is ridiculous, but recently, one Brocade switch had a very, very rare defect that was a manufacturing defect where metal filing fell off the chassis and shorted out motherboard.

The scalability is not an issue

Brocade support is fairly good.

It was there before I started.

Other Advice

Have someone know what they’re doing working on it.