Brocade VDX Review

Good management, good stability and good scalability

What is most valuable?

The fabric of the solution and the management aspect are the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Brocade sold the VDX product line to Extreme Networks. Extreme have now different fabric tchnologies. L2 Fabrics from Brocade (VDX) and Avaya, L3 Fabrics from Brocade (SLX). So, it is difficult to make a dicision, what will be the next strategic Approach for Extreme. There was not really Firmware Upgrades over the last two years, so it Looks like, the VDX will loose this battle.

I've been using the solution since its first release.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We've never had to reach out to technical support.

Very easy, plug-and-play.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is quite good overall. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

It's now part of Extreme and Extreme is no longer pushing it as a product. I haven't seen any development of this product over the last year and that is the main issue with the solution. There have been no newer releases and no really good bug fixes. I don't need new features, but having a new release or having some higher speed levels on there, just might be nice. I don't know if the solution has a future because the company doesn't seem to be investing in updates or improvements.