Bromium Review

Prevents thousands of potential threats, but complex initial setup required vendor's help

How has it helped my organization?

It has prevented thousands of potential threats by encapsulating them within its own vSentry container, thus providing overall protection and integrity of the operating system.

What is most valuable?

Office and PDF Micro VM protection.

What needs improvement?

It still needs to mature a bit. There are many tweaks and adjustments required in the Enterprise Controller. We had to work with the vendor to include them in its service roadmap. However, Bromium is very accommodating when it comes to new development requirements.

At first we encountered stability issues. The client side impact was heavy, Bromium requires at least 4GB of memory to operate correctly, and initially the client performed an initialization very frequently, which caused performance issues to the end users for about 30 mins per. This was later corrected in subsequent versions by working with Bromium.

No scalability issues. We deployed the software to 50,000+ workstations and endpoints, VMs were OOS.

Eight out of 10.

No previous solution.

Complex. There were many configurations that needed to be worked out with the vendor. The setup required hands-on assistance from Bromium.

We had a special arrangement, due to the scale of our deployment being the first of its kind with Bromium.

I was not part of this process.

What other advice do I have?

Understand your current setup and the limitations of your network and endpoints. Perform quality evaluations and metric analysis, then establish your use cases to review during a pilot, before moving into production.

I did not find this to be an out-of-the-box solution, it required planning and alignment across many groups.