Built.io Flow Review

Robust with good SAP integration; lacking in connectors to different cloud applications

What is our primary use case?

We send EDIs to our customers and then to our backend system, SAP. We're basically integrating our external partners with our backend ERP system. We are customers of Built.io.

What is most valuable?

The EDI is pretty robust with the IO. The solution they provide at Software AG is pretty good and solid. The integration with SAP is also good. Those are very solid compared to other products.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement because Software AG is leading to the market for the IO, for the iPass so they may have to improve a lot on the other data, like scaling and also some of the connectors to different types of cloud applications. I doubt they have all the connectors to all the applications, like other products have. They have standard connectors like SAP, Salesforce and the others; they need to have Azure, and AWS, all those connectors. In general, improved scalability and connection to different cloud applications would make a big difference. I think that the product is not completely mature and they need to do some work on that. I would like to see a reduced price for the solution.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The stability is pretty good.

The scalability needs to be improved with connectors to the other applications.

The support team is very accessible and ready to help with any issues and questions.

The initial setup was a little complex for me because  you need to install Docker and you need to carry out numerous configurations and then send it out to the API gateway. That's one of the things they need to improve. In other solutions, it's like a click of a button, and it does everything for you. It has some limitations, so they need to improve that and make it simpler for installation.

License costs are quite high.

What other advice do I have?

Installation can be problematic, but once you've done that, it's easy to use. It's somewhat lacking with CICD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Development. If they want to integrate a Software AG product into a Docker and deploy using Docker and CICD, those kinds of things are lacking.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.