CA ACF2 Review

What is our primary use case?

We use CA ACF to manage security, provision users, and deprovision users from mainframe applications.

What is most valuable?

One of the values in this industry is how it manages user security. We use this tool to quickly assign privileges to different users as soon as they come in. As soon as we onboard the users, we use CA ACF to assign privileges and assign rules to all the users. When the rule changes, we use CA ACF to change the rules or deprovision them from those rules and assign them new rules. It is done quickly and almost automatically.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see browser support whereby we can work from our desktops instead of using the mainframe tool called 3270. I would like my team and me to be able to use simple browsers, like Chrome, to be able to access mainframe data and provision users using the browser.

I love their support. The support is great. They are number one.

Once in a while, we get into few pinches and we have to call technical support. They are always there for us. They respond very quickly and help us resolve issues, even giving us sample solutions, which is what we like so much about the support.

No, I was not involved with the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

Know that this tool is a great tool. It is a good tool to use. You can quickly automate, quickly provision, and deprovision new users, which is essential when you are bringing new people onboard. We have people coming and going all the time. So, you need a tool like this. CA ACF has a similar tool that we are trying to adopt, by the way, which would help us to quickly assign rules to users and remove rules from users.

1 visitor found this review helpful