CA Agile Central Review
It helps us track our development life cycle for our development teams. The reporting functionalities need improvement.

Valuable Features

It has most benefited me because as a release manager, it helps me know and mitigate the risk going into production so I can reach out to the different teams. I can, at anytime, pull up a report to show me where the status of a candidate for release is and I can reach out to those teams. Based on the report, we can then decide whether we need to allocate more resources to ensure we're able to release on a certain date.

Improvements to My Organization

It helps us track our development life cycle for our development teams. They can keep track of the progress of their user stories and features, from the intake process all the way through deployment and into production. This can be done in tandem with test results, and we have a substantial team with various applications.

Room for Improvement

The reporting functionalities need improvement. Also, there's too much lag, but they're fixing that.

We're at 13,000-plus companies. We have lots of applications, lots of different teams with upstream and downstream dependencies. Different teams have different maturity levels in terms of how they are using Rally. Some are just getting on board, and some have been using it for a long time. So we're trying to consolidate that.

The technical support with Rally is going pretty well.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I can't even give you off the top of my head how many licenses we have with them, but it's user-based licensing and we have quite a few of them.

Other Advice

I think it's a great tracking tool. There are similar tools out there, but for us it's convenient, it's intuitive.