CA Agile Central Review

We're able to track all the users' codices, track all the features, track the capacity so that we could plan, and find out as a team what the capacity is to deliver in a two-week sprint.

Improvements to My Organization

When we started to go to the agile model from the waterfall one, it was a big challenge for us. We had couple of folks move from Paypal to us, and they gave us a success story in a meeting. When they were looking at tools, they came across Rally, and it was introduced to us by the CA team. We had a couple of training sessions on Rally.

The immediate impact of that was when we started using Rally, we didn't even know that we could do agile. But because of Rally, we were able to track all the users' codices, track all the features, track the capacity so that we could plan, and find out as a team what the capacity is as a team to deliver in a two-week sprint.

As an application developer, I can speak only based on what the developer and app teams can do, and this has helped a lot. We were trying to go strictly agile, and I think Rally is helping us big time.

Room for Improvement

When we started using Rally, we used the user interface pretty often. It was very informative and everyone was comfortable with it. But there were challenges with product backlog and how to track the capacity planning. Everyday you needed to update the status. There were a couple of questions about, what is the capacity of every developer or a QA engineer for this sprint.

It has been stable for us.

As far as I know, there are 16-17 people using it, and since I'm relatively new with the company, I'm not sure what the plans are in terms of scaling its use.

I haven't used Rally technical support yet, but we have a 1-year subscription.

It was straightforward. We didn't have to do a lot. We just went to Rally 101 training, and there was some agile coach for us on site. She trained us on how to use the Rally tool to update our social studies tasks.

Other Advice

I would say Rally is the way to go.