CA Agile Central Review

Brings visibility to scrum plans, captures tasks so they can be traced throughout the process

What is our primary use case?

Planning for the scrum team.

It has performed excellently.

How has it helped my organization?

It's the ability to bring visibility to the work. Previously we had another tool. Actually, it's a tool that I built, but it was limited in its ability to provide that start-to-finish visibility. And the traceability, from inception of the project to final test and deployment. Agile Central provides us that, not directly, but with its integrations to other tools in our tool chain, so that's a great help.

What is most valuable?

The visibility it brings to the plan, the ability to capture tasks, and trace them all the way through the life cycle. Providing that visibility helps both me and the team, or teams, to be able to understand where we are in the development process.

What needs improvement?

The navigation within the tool sometimes is a little tricky for me. I'm sure with more use, more practice, I'll become accustomed to it, but some of the things just aren't intuitive.

Less than one year.

The tool is much more stable that I am. It's very stable. We've had no problems.

Scalability hasn't been an issue. I wish it were, but so far the adoption has been good. We have a ways to go before I would imagine that there would be any scalability issue.

I have not used tech support. We have an application administrator and he handles all that.

Although I wasn't involved in the initial setup, I do know that there was some complexity to it. But not terribly complex. It was not hard to do, because it is a SaaS solution. It was basically: Give us the URL and point us to the training, and that was it.

No, Agile Central, had been on our radar for quite a while.

What other advice do I have?

For me, the most important criterion when selecting a vendor is finding a partner, versus just a vendor who's going to deliver a piece of software and wait for the money to come in.

Don't think just about the tool, but think about the entire lifecycle of the tool, or the lifecycle of your application development. That's very helpful.