CA Agile Requirements Designer Review
It will enhance and make the automation part for the testers a lot easier.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the ease for creating test cases and the automation of the test cases from the user workflows.

It will enhance and make the automation part for the testers a lot easier.

How has it helped my organization?

It should allow the teams to create automated test cases a lot faster. They can do their testing within a two week sprint and then get the products released into production a lot sooner.

What needs improvement?

Since we're just beginning to use this application requirements tool, I'm not sure what exactly is missing in it.

The biggest thing for us is the effort required to create the workflows. There's a lot of initial work that goes in and if we could streamline that a bit more, it would be better.

The product is stable and reliable.

It is very scalable. I know that it's used for both small and large projects.

We have still not used technical support.

We decided to use this solution to bring in automation and a tool to help the testers.

It's easy to setup and get the license. Applying it to the different organizations that is the challenging part.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that you have the right staff with at least some skill sets, if you are looking to purchase a similar solution.

We had already done several POCs in different parts of the organization. Since they were using this tool and we needed to a carry out similar efforts, we just brought it in. Once they select a vendor, other groups just follow since the POC has already been done.

This tool is new for us and it is just that we are still not taking full advantage of it yet.

2 Comments

Praveen K Sajja R, IT IlConsultant

Hello,
We are trying to use this tool in our Agile project, but not so happy with the tool so far. So request your inputs based on your experience.
When you say automated test cases - are you talking about executable test scripts or test cases which again has to be converted to automated scripts?
Thanks,
Praveen

16 March 17
Lana RousakovskiConsultant

The beauty of ARD is that it allows you to do both. If you want to do direct automation, you can put automated scripts directly behind building blocks, as you build a model (for instance, we tried Selenium scripts). On the other hand, if you want to start with manual tests, you can generate manual test cases from the model first and then automated them.

08 May 18