CA Agile Requirements Designer Review

For testing, it shows priorities of action so that the most important things are tested first.

What is most valuable?

It removes ambiguity in requirements, meaning that there are fewer demands for clarifications afterwards. We are using it to improve communication between business, tests and development.

For testing, it gives a very good view of the test cases and shows priorities of action so that the most important things are tested first. This helps us to save time as well.

How has it helped my organization?

The best example of improvement would be better communications available for my project.

What needs improvement?

When you have long flows or models, the display can be problematic, as it necessitates zooming in on the GUI and you lose the full display.

As your model grows in size, it becomes increasingly difficult to get a meaningfull view of the entire model. You might have a view with the whole model, but then the text and flow will be incomprehensible. Likewise, as you zoom in, you lose the entirity of the model. A workaround is zooming in as much as needed and scroll around from there, but one could wish for a better solution.

I have been using the solution for about 10 months.

We haven't encountered issues with stability but we have experienced some problems with our JIRA project, which takes too long to load because of its size.

Larger models do require significant time for analysis.

I would rate the technical support as top notch. They are very responsive and they help us solve problems quickly with brainstorming discussions which is amazing.

I didn't previously use another solution.

I was involved in the setup and there were some security issues which proved to be complications because we are running it with VMware and there are some difficulties with offline registration and license revalidation.

We have Test Data Manager but didn't evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

You should have a detailed discussion with the vendor as to what your actual requirements are. Also, concerning test data management integrations, there are quite a few valuable features which require TDM so you should consider if you need the full value trail there.

1 visitor found this review helpful