CA Agile Requirements Designer Review

I like the model building for creating business process flows. Test case generation is manual or automated.

What is most valuable?

• Model building: Creating business process flows
  • Test case generation: Manual or automated
  • Automation script creation and management

Test data management is coming at the end of March. That will be one of the biggest new leaps for us. We are very excited about adding TDM to the suite.

The new release CA Agile Requirements Designer 2.4 offers more flexibility when exploiting the APIs of test and defect management tools. CA has addressed this concern with release 2.4.

How has it helped my organization?

We deliver test cases ten times faster and automate in hours vs. days or weeks. We went from 90+ days behind in new automation to full, in-sprint automation with little to no technical debt.

Automation maintenance is now manageable. It reduced the number of people required for testing by 75%.

We deliver more stories faster.

What needs improvement?

Adding more connectivity to outside applications and the amount of detail we can export to systems of record could be improved. Otherwise, this is a very solid tool with tons of real valuable functionality.

The new release, CA Agile Requirements Designer 2.4, offers more flexibility when exploiting the APIs of test and defect management tools. CA has addressed this concern with release 2.4.

Our group has been using CA ARD for two years. At our company, we have been using it for about three years.

Version 2.3 is very stable and reliable.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

CA support has been extremely helpful. Using the forum is a great way to get help, because the issues are usually user errors.

We utilized HP UFT”. “We changed toll sets when we changed to a model based testing strategy”. In addition we moved away from HP UFT in favor of a Selenium, Java, TestNG framework. This allowed for more integration with addition toolsets and allows for a more open and flexible framework and test harness.”

The setup is not hard at all. It is very simple, like any other desktop-type software installation.

If you have a large group, don’t mess with nickel and diming the licensing. Just do your PoC. Then get the Enterprise agreement if you have the user base and roll it out. Otherwise, you could make the transition and cost painful.

We did evaluate other products. All of them had some good points and value. I chose CA Agile Requirements Designer because it would help us reach our goals and solve the most number of DevOps, CI/CD, testing issues, and future issues we would have.

What other advice do I have?

Kick it off with users who are excited and interested in making the change. Users who are not on-board with the transition will have a difficult time in making the adjustment to the change in process. Excited, interested users make the best implementers.

4 visitors found this review helpful