Ca2

CA API Management Review
It allows you to much more rapidly expose enterprise services to front-end applications, but the user experience for developers to discover and develop APIs needs work.

Valuable Features:

I'd say the API gateway that routes traffic in REST-to-SOAP conversions is a feature we find most valuable. SOAP is a type of web service, and REST is another.

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows you to much more rapidly expose enterprise services to front-end applications, such as mobile and web.

Room for Improvement:

The products developer portals can be better. It needs a better look and feel.

Also, the user experience for developers to discover and develop APIs needs work.

Use of Solution:

We've been using it for two years.

Stability Issues:

It's very good.

Scalability Issues:

We've just started so there's not a lot of traffic yet.

They've been responsive, but they're pricey.

Previous Solutions:

This is the first API gateway product we’ve used, and we looked for a vendor who has a reputation for establishing long-term partnerships.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was pretty straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered:

We also looked at Axway, IBM, and Mashery. We went through a long evaluation and CA's number one strength was the built-in security management features.

Other Advice:

As part of your evaluation, make sure that the companies can set up a proof of concept to check real situations.

2 visitors found this review helpful
64010a95 b7c7 476e 8491 1b8dbf330008 avatar0b84fd37 0629 490d aa51 af288632cee2 avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA API Management?

Our experts can help. 229,168 professionals have used our research on 5,847 solutions.