Ca2

CA API Management Review
It allows you to much more rapidly expose enterprise services to front-end applications, but the user experience for developers to discover and develop APIs needs work.

Valuable Features

I'd say the API gateway that routes traffic in REST-to-SOAP conversions is a feature we find most valuable. SOAP is a type of web service, and REST is another.

Improvements to My Organization

It allows you to much more rapidly expose enterprise services to front-end applications, such as mobile and web.

Room for Improvement

The products developer portals can be better. It needs a better look and feel.

Also, the user experience for developers to discover and develop APIs needs work.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for two years.

It's very good.

We've just started so there's not a lot of traffic yet.

They've been responsive, but they're pricey.

This is the first API gateway product we’ve used, and we looked for a vendor who has a reputation for establishing long-term partnerships.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at Axway, IBM, and Mashery. We went through a long evaluation and CA's number one strength was the built-in security management features.

Other Advice

As part of your evaluation, make sure that the companies can set up a proof of concept to check real situations.

2 visitors found this review helpful
64010a95 b7c7 476e 8491 1b8dbf330008 avatar0b84fd37 0629 490d aa51 af288632cee2 avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA API Management?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.