Ca2

CA API Management Review
It will fill a lot of the gaps where we are developing in new spaces, especially in mobile spaces, and I predict it's going to be adopted globally in the near future.

Valuable Features:

Considering the various features of the API Management suite, the most obvious useful feature that we value the most is that it gives us more security, control and visibility over how our APIs are being used throughout our company and how our users are using it. It gives us more data and information so that we can target where to concentrate our resources a lot better.

The other thing is also it's in the right place at the right time. APIs are a huge thing right now especially with the mobile economy growing as rapidly as it is. The API gateway could not have come at a better time for us.

The UI on it is actually better than SiteMinder. It has a much more IDE type of feel to it.

Improvements to My Organization:

The API Management suite for us is still fairly new as it's not as expanded as SiteMinder is. However, the potential for it to expand is still there. As an organization we can see that this is another one of those products that will be ubiquitous in the near future, just as SiteMinder is.

Organizationally speaking, it will fill a lot of the gaps where we are developing in new spaces, especially in mobile spaces, and it's going to be adopted globally in the near future in my prediction.

Room for Improvement:

I don't have enough experience to say what I would like to see improved because I'm still building it into my repertoire right now.

I wouldn't say, however, that the setup is simple. It's mildly complex, but given the documentation and the linearity of it, it was fairly straightforward.

Deployment Issues:

It deployed just fine.

Stability Issues:

It's stable, lightweight, works as expected and we don't see any problems with it.

Scalability Issues:

We can see that it will scale very easily as well. It handles traffic efficiently, no hiccups there, and we're happy with it.

No experience of technical support on API Management so far. However, if I may also add that the support team on it in terms of sales and product management from CA is excellent.

Initial Setup:

API Management setup was very straightforward. I was involved with that, and the documentation was helpful.

Other Advice:

The problem with API Management is it's solving a problem that not many people understand. If you look at the options in the market, there's not much. I would a to a it only advise to get it because it's actually very friendly in what it's trying to do in terms of UI. The learning curve is very short and it's something that you can rely on to work properly.

1 visitor found this review helpful
64010a95 b7c7 476e 8491 1b8dbf330008 avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA API Management?

Our experts can help. 229,168 professionals have used our research on 5,847 solutions.