Ca2

CA API Management Review
We needed a way to secure our externally-facing services. This solution was a lot more lightweight and its security chops were more apparent.

Improvements to My Organization:

We needed a way to secure our externally-facing services. Layer 7 was a lot more lightweight and its security chops were more apparent. For deployment, it needed the ability to go with a VM image because it was not going to be on-premise. It was going to be in a cloud offering in front of our commerce spot.

Room for Improvement:

Because of our experience with our cloud-hosting provider's image requirements versus what CA provided them, I think an area of improvement would be additional form factors for virtualization.

Initial Setup:

There were some issues during the initial setup. Our cloud-hosting partner required certain things, such as ESXi hosts and images. They were very particular about what kind of image they wanted versus what kind of image CA provided. So what I think would be an improvement would be support for additional virtualized form factors.

Implementation Team:

CA helped with the architecture, the design, the implementation and it's in place but it's not actively being used because the backing system isn't there yet. I can't tell you qualitatively like, "Oh, yes, it's working very well." I don't know how it's working because nobody's using it. It's waiting for the system to be ready and operational. The implementation, though, was done very well.

Other Solutions Considered:

Layer 7 was top-of-class in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Forrester, and all that stuff, so I did the selection process there and looked at a couple of different competitors.

1 visitor found this review helpful
64010a95 b7c7 476e 8491 1b8dbf330008 avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA API Management?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.