Ca2

CA API Management Review
Most valuable feature is security along with performance and scalability.

Video Review:

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is security, which is the most important to our company. Then comes performance, scalability, and I see tremendous performance value without compromising the security. It gives us peace of mind, for example there are so many penetration attacks happening, DDoS kind of attacks happen in our API infrastructure if you don't have the security. With the out of the box security features from CA API Management, I can focus on the business logic to deliver the real value to the consumers, without worrying about the security. It's very stable, we've been in production for the last year and we didn't have a single production incident because of the API Management solution. I'm really happy with that actually. It's very stable and very reliable.

Room for Improvement

I see a lot in the developer portal. It's not that flexible the way we want it to be, so it's kind of out of the box and we can only do the standard features that they have. If you want to customize, it's a little bit hard for us, so I really want to see some flexibility in the developer portal. For the monitoring module, I also want to see some stability in the ESM module.

Scalability is really good and they could do an average transaction size of probably 50-100KB with around 20,000 transactions per second, which is really impressive. Initially we thought we needed many licenses, but we ended up using only one part of the licenses.

Technical support is really good. Their level 1 and level 2 support is really good. Sometimes when we try to add new features, when the team really gets stuck and we open the ticket, we usually get a response within a few hours.

We were using the ESB solution, we were using SOAP services and then we wanted to move to REST based services so that we could open up our internal assets to our customers directly.

Initial setup is good. It's straightforward. It's not that tough and it's an appliance, so that kind of took away wireless installation and base installation time, so our IT infrastructure team really loved it.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at Apigee, Axway, Intel Mashery and a few more vendors.

The main thing is whether the product is really good. Look at the Forester and Gartner reports and how the support is, because a lot of good products are out there but we have seen in the past that we don't get good support. These are the major criteria I look at.

Other Advice

Rating: for CA API Management I would give it a 9 out of 10, but for the developer portal I would give it a 6 out of 7. ESM I would give a 5 out of 6.

It's definitely a great product, I would ask to have an open mind and check out the features. I haven't seen any problems, and I have seen so many problems in my previous product, with ESB, so it's definitely a top notch product.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA API Management?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.