Ca2

CA API Management Review
It integrates with other solutions that we already have. We can move people around because they already have a basic skill set.

Valuable Features

The best features for us are documentation, the development portal, ease-of-use, and click-to-market. Our API landscape is increasing exponentially and one if the differentiators that allow us to reach our goals is how fast we can get to the market. And our speed-to-market is based on ease-of-deployment and how fast we can iterate and change.

Improvements to My Organization

It sets itself apart mainly because it's a bigger product and a bigger company, so it integrates well with other solutions that we already have on-premises. That makes it a lot easier for us to move people around, since they already have a basic skill set. That really helps. The support that we get from CA in general, including the talks, the books and the documentation that explains how to sell from a technical and a non-technical side, really benefits us.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see a lot more information about design, such as design thinking and design UX, UI, information about the technology, and the problems it's solving for everyday customers.

The cloud-based solution that we use right now is stable. We have an on-premise solution as well, which we still have some issues with, but we're still moving forward.

Scalability is unmatched. Since it is cloud and AWS backed, if we need more power, we just call it up and it's pretty quick.

Technical support, including the communities, Twitter, and being able to reach somebody on the phone is phenomenal; it's a good working relationship.

We have multiple solutions in house. This is the one we choose for now for certain products. There weren't really better products and there's only certain product groups in the market, and we only pick the best-in-breeds. CA was one of them.

For me, the most important quality in a vendor is technical support. I want support from end-to-end, including documentation, technology, and written materials that I can download and review myself and then reapply.

Initial setup was a little bit of both straightforward and complex. We are a large company and have certain scenarios that make things a little bit more complex. CA's always been really good about being right there with us to understand some of our challenges.

Other Advice

Dig in really deep, not only from a technical standpoint but also from a design and product standpoint. That's probably the biggest piece of advice that I can give you. If you miss this, you will forget to see the forest through the trees.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA API Management?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.