CA API Management Review

The logs help us troubleshoot. Easy to manage policies.

What is most valuable?

This product is easy to use. We are able to troubleshoot with the logs that it creates and it's easy to get people up to speed on it.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for managing policies and that process is simple and easy to perform.

What needs improvement?

We'd like to see an updated migration tool. Right now, the migration process works but it is a little clunky because there's not a good tool for migrating it. It's an older version tool so the services need to be restarted every once in a while.

It's pretty stable. Once in a while we'll have an issue or we have to restart it but the product itself is very stable for us.

I think it scales well. We've got a cluster going and we can increase the size if we have to so it works out well.

I have only used technical support to consult about upgrades. They are very good. They always have answers when we have questions so it has worked out really well.

We used Layer 7 before CA acquired it.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product because of how successful we've been with it.

The most important criteria for me when selecting a vendor is the quality of their support and technical staff. If they are able to help us, it makes it a lot easier.