CA API Management Review

Provides key, up to date information to our customer-facing engineers but ease of use needs improvement

What is most valuable?

It's a secure product that allows us to expose API and lock down to only those devices and individuals which have the verified rights to access.

How has it helped my organization?

• Secure access to customer records – secured device, only access when in correct postal code area.
  • Provide key, up to date information to engineers when engaging with customers.

What needs improvement?

• Ease of use
  • Ability of development and ops teams to expose and manage their own API

30 months.

No issues with stability.

Cost and licencing model restrictive for auto scaling.

Seven out of 10. Not as focused on ensuring that the issues are fully resolved as I would like.

No. Selected after extensive "beauty contest."

Complex to set up and operate. Requires deep understanding of networks, security, as well as API management.

Consider if you need this advanced tool to undertake simple API management. Costly solution which is designed for heavy duty and complex work.

Apigee.

What other advice do I have?

Consider if the product is needed – there are cheaper, less complex solutions out there.

Consultancy costs for CA should be considered – worth the money as it saves time (and therefore cost) with configuration.