CA API Management Review

The Gateway Migration Utility is a pretty good tool to use. Overall, this solution is not easy to integrate with others​.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to enable our customers who are on the Internet. We want them to access our protective web series behind a corporate firewall. To do that, we like to use the OAuth ToolKit within the CA API. It can minimize the password exposure by generating a token using the ToolKit, then use the token to make the web services calls to our protected back-end services.

What is most valuable?

• The ToolKit with OAuth Manager
  • The Policy Manager
  • The Gateway Migration Utility (GMU) is a pretty good tool to use.

How has it helped my organization?

We are still evaluating it, so I cannot comment much on this.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more documentation. The current documentation is there, but we do not find it very useful. For example, we wanted to integrate with PingFederate TV provider and there was not enough information to customize the way we wanted. It took a lot of effort and we had to reach out to the Gateway folks to help us out on how to do that customization. Thus, it is not easy to integrate with other solutions.

Still implementing.

It is pretty stable. We have not seen any issues, anywhere, where we need to restart.

We are still doing a PSA, so we will have to see how it scales once we ramp up volume and we roll out to the production with real life traffic.

We engaged an architect from CA. They were pretty good.