CA API Management Review
As a financial services company, the security it provides is key for us

What is our primary use case?

We use it for security.

So far so good. We have our own challenges - some monitoring and some performance related things - but at the same time, I think it's pretty good.

What is most valuable?

The security that it provides, actually. Being in the financial services industry, obviously security is very important for us.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm part of an engineering team so this product coming with out-of-the-box security, that is valuable to our organization.

What needs improvement?

We are evaluating the next release, actually. We would like to see more stability.

It needs to be a bit more stable. I think they see that, as Support is working on that. We have our own challenges related to the stability. For example, the log space filling up the entire disk because of gateway went down. CA is aware of this issue.

But otherwise, as I said, we have had a pretty good experience with the product.

We do not use it on a massive scale at this point, so it's pretty good.

It's pretty good. It's been a fruitful experience so far.

We were transitioning from another product, DataPower. We switched because of the native support for APIs in API Management.

We didn't consider any other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

What's important to us when selecting a vendor, support is the most important factor.

I would tell anyone who is researching this type of solution to go for API Management.