CA API Management Review

Ease of use, a good search feature, and reliability are the decisive features for us

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for API management. We use it as a security gateway in our DMZ and ESB and our trusted zone.

It works great. We haven't had any problems, it just runs.

How has it helped my organization?

Day to day functionality. It just works and it's easy to use, that's the best part of it.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable features are

• the ease of use
  • a very nice UI
  • you can navigate through the screens
  • a very good search feature.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it work better with one of our back-end databases, DB2 UDB. Other than that, I really don't have any complaints so far. It's doing everything we need it do.

Still implementing.

Stability is great. We run a high resilient load balance configuration. We haven't had any problems with it.

It scales.

We have not used technical support yet. We have not run into any problems yet.

We had API gateways before, we just divested from IBM and went with CA.

We bought 16 gateways earlier this year and we're setting them up right now. It's good. Straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

When choosing a company to work with and buy from, they need to be industry-rated, they need to be one of the upper-right companies for strength, vision, and performance.

If I were advising a colleague at another company who's searching for a similar product I would tell them to talk to CA.