CA API Management Review

A compelling platform that enables organizations to easily develop and roll out mobile applications

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

CA has incredible reach in the market across industries. To have the opportunity to partner with CA has been great for us, a great exposure. They have got a very compelling platform that enables organizations to easily develop and roll out mobile applications.

A lot of their customers have come and said, "We'd like to be able to enable these mobile applications with biometric authentication capabilities." It is really a nice blend. We are able to provide that capability to enable that platform to deliver that to their client base.

Still implementing.

Our solution has been around for several years now. It is FIDO certified. It has got compliance certification from the government, so it is very stable. The underpinnings of Samsung Pay deployed in South Korea. There are five and a half million consumers using that platform. That is one of the largest biometric deployments probably out there today. Then, we are a global organization, so we have deployments throughout the world and across different industries.

The solution is already supporting about five and a half million consumers in South Korea, so it is scalable. Today, there is a server element to that solution. From the client's side, it is SDK-based, but there is a server element. We can support about two million users on each server, then you can nest servers together.

We have no concerns about scalability at this point.

We have not gone into production yet. We have not had direct experience with CA's tech support. I can tell you that our development and our technical folks have been working very closely with their development teams. They have teams in India that we work with and teams in Vancouver that we work with. It has been a really good experience for us. Because it is global, you have got to be around the clock to some degree. So far, there have not been any issues. We have a US-based tech support team that as this thing goes into production with clients, we will be leveraging that team as well as the CA team.

There is a server element and a client-side element. The server side installation is fairly straightforward. We don't provide hardware for the server installation, but we provide specifications, then we will help an organization work through it. In pretty much a day or two, you can get a server stood up and working.

On the client side, it is integrating. You're taking this SDK, and you're integrating into native mobile apps. The complexity of that depends upon what you are trying to accomplish. Certainly, with simple use cases, we have had people spin this up in days. As you get more complex in the use cases, you might be looking at weeks. However, this is not a three to six month type of implementation timeframe. It is more of a three to six-week type of implementation timeframe.

I do not have a lot of competitive information on other mobile access or mobile API gateways. So, it is hard for me to say how it ranks against other competitors. I will say that it seems like it is deployed in dozens, if not, over a hundred different companies. That says for itself that it is a very strong product.

What other advice do I have?

I would put it up in the eight to nine category out of a 10, if I had pinpoint a number.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: CA is extremely appealing because of the reach that they have across industries, and they are pretty deep in many industries. They bring some brand recognition to the table, and obviously Samsung has a very strong brand as well. You combine those two brands, and that just creates a compelling offering which will get the attention of companies out there.

Obviously, the support piece is important, the product stability, and how robust that product are very important to us. We look at that on a number of different dimensions.

1 visitor found this review helpful