CA API Management Review
We can create multiple orgs and set up policies and management for them

What is our primary use case?

API gateway.

How has it helped my organization?

We can create multiple orgs and set up policies and management. We can also integrate with an APM solution. We have 1000-plus APIs to be built, policies set up, security handling, and API status in one portal. These are the high-level details. The developers in my team would be able to provide further detail.

What is most valuable?

CA API Developer Portal and API Security policy.

What needs improvement?

We did an assessment and are continuing with implementation. I would not say it's 100 percent perfect but, currently, all the features we anticipated using are working. The only issue we have is that we have to buy an APM license separately for end-to-end monitoring. That is something we are looking into.

Less than one year.

We have not experienced any issues with stability.

We have not experienced any issues with scalability.

Technical support is very good and responsive. We have a dedicated support person. Initially, we leveraged CA Professional Services.

TIBCO Mashery which was good any for API gateway, but needs more monitoring and easier methods for setting up policies.

Initial setup was straightforward. We were able to set up in five weeks, including policies.

We need to know the ROI three years down the line. In terms of minimizing cost and licensing issues, I would suggest that you not buy piecemeal.

TIBCO Mashery, Mulesoft.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest you do a PoC with CA, for feasibility.