CA API Management Review

Resilient solution with robust policy configuration

What is our primary use case?

We use CA API Management to publish APIs for secure and fast integration with customers and partners.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps to improve customer satisfaction. When customers need to integrate with our platform, they are able to self-serve by using the online documentation and tool and then test their integration independently in a sandbox environment. Once the testing is complete they can request the switch to production.

What is most valuable?

It provides us with a resilient solution and robust policy configuration. It is able to withstand the number of API calls and handle different API requirements to secure, transform, log, and track API usage patterns.

What needs improvement?

They should incorporate deeper monitoring features into the solution to make the offering more complete. Doing so would help to showcase traffic patterns and usage to better engage customers and partners proactively. It would also help with API management and capacity planning.

It is a very resilient solution.

No issues.

Technical support is very knowledgeable and helpful.

The initial setup was somewhere between straightforward and complex, requiring an intermediate level of effort on our part due to our particular requirements. Otherwise, the solution is relatively straightforward to set up.

Subscription licensing and pricing are competitive with other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Familiarise yourself with its policy management to match your requirements for API management and governance.