CA API Management Review

API Portal capabilities are very nice, with several adapters to all leading identity suites

What is our primary use case?

RESTful API implementation and exposure.

How has it helped my organization?

Being a key partner of CA, the strong product has helped us make joint pitches to multiple enterprises and to implement an efficient API gateway for enterprises, enabling them to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of APIs.

What is most valuable?

API discovery using CA Live API Creator is helpful for integrating with multiple backends, for discovering and kickstarting the API creation process. It is a very good feature.

Mobile app capabilities are good for building mobile apps to consume developed APIs.

API Portal capabilities are very nice, up to and including the ability to do monetization. Security features are exhaustive, with several adapters to all leading identity suites.

What needs improvement?

The development toolkit used for creating APIs should be more online and user-friendly.

Deployment and tracking could also be improved. Tools like Apigee provide a complete online experience along with RESTful APIs, to manage all activities. It is a very nice and user-friendly solution compared to CA.

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Technical support is very good. Response times are very good. As a partner, technical support is available via phone and email as well as in several countries.

As a systems integrator, we use several API management products, with CA being one of our key tools.

Setup was ok. CA was always available for any support issues.

Pricing is competitive. CA is ready to offer attractive discounts.

Apigee, IBM API Connect, and MuleSoft are some of the other key products we have evaluated and used.

What other advice do I have?

CA API suite is a strong solution with very good security capabilities and end-to-end lifecycle management of APIs. It has been proven over the years and is a very good option for implementing the API gateway for an enterprise.