CA APM Review
CA APM - diving into issues from the top

I have worked with CA APM for the last seven years. My first experience with the toolset was as a client. I am now a consultant. I have deployed and used CA APM across various industries.

What I like about CA APM is the capability to adjust it to the organisation you're working with and gain maximum value. May it be an organisation concentrating on end-user experience, or another concentrating on deep level code analysis.

The CEM-Introscope integration is often underestimated. The ability to quickly diagnose end-user and code level issues within CEM itself is a powerful feature. I have not come across this elsewhere. If there is an issue, from the one spot, you can tell:

• Who is affected?
  • How badly are they affected?
  • Is it user-end or application?
  • Is it web-server or application server?
  • Where in the application is the bottle-neck?

All of the above can be found in just one area of the APM arsenal, giving it the unique ability inĀ focused trouble-shooting.

There other unique capabilities to CA APM, such as it's vast array of customisable features, creating your own code for monitoring application.

The CA APM community is very active as well, with ideas from across the world, industries and capabilities...all shared. And always my go to for any questions my colleagues and I stumble upon.

There are a few areas in CA APM that I would like to see changed, the interface feels old and requires a complete revamp. And with the rich data that lives in the database, it would be nice if OOTB it provided business information, for example how many users have used your application. Of course, that doesn't stop us from pulling that information out using another CA APM feature and some perl script magic!

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: CA partner
3 visitors found this review helpful

Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.

2 Comments

Nikunj M. JainVendor

I find your opinion is very valuable to the APM community at large. Thanks Dan.

19 March 15