- Ability to monitor any application (Java/ .NET/Other).
- Ability to monitor the Applications using CEM (Customer Experience Manager), Application Servers/Web Servers/Databases, etc using Introscope.
- Creation of Alerts and integration with Other tools to send out Notifications before any issue occurs.
- Customised Dashboards that act as a unified view of all the Critical metrics that are being pulled every 15 seconds from the Servers.
- Transaction Tracing that pin-points the component of code for an application that is failing or the Backend SQL that is taking a long time to respond.
Improvements to My Organization:
We have implemented all the above features and some extra features like EPAgents, Web Server Power Packs, Unix Field Pack, MQ Power Pack, Perfmon Collector Agents, Error Detector, Change Detector, Leak Hunter (Occasionally), etc.
Room for Improvement:
There is always room to improve any product to achieve new heights. Same applies to CA APM as well. The Transaction Tracing feature can definitely be improved. The Web Client can also be improved.
Use of Solution:
We haven't experienced any issues in these areas.
On a scale from 1 - 5, I would give CA a 5 for both.
The setup was straightforward.
Initially we implemented using a vendor team. They had a good level of expertise.
It is great product with lots of features that help minimize the time taken to troubleshoot issues and root cause analysis to avoid loss of business.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jun 24 2014