CA APM Review
We use CA APM for performance testing, production pro-active monitoring and troubleshooting.

Valuable Features

Java agent monitoring for IBM Websphere JVMs.

Improvements to My Organization

It helps the developers with performance testing, production pro-active monitoring and troubleshooting.

Room for Improvement

More monitoring capabilities and more flexible for setting up different monitoring alerts.

Use of Solution

5 years

Yes. I had an issue when we were trying to deploy on Glassfish environment and WebSphere portal.

Yes, previous version APM infrastructure was not that stable. We have 5 collectors and collectors kept disconnecting from MOM, which caused false alert like JVM status.

I was not able to monitoring a WebSphere portal on a previous version.

Customer Service: GoodTechnical Support: Depends on different technicians. Some of them who I have been working with are very good. They really know this product and can provide me good suggestions and solutions. But some of them, I don't think they are familiar with or understand our issue. For example I had an issue when I upgraded and the support person gave me wrong directions.

Yes. IBM Tivoli ITCAM.

For Websphere it's straightforward, but when we implemented on glassfish, it took me a while to figure out where to put the argument. And the issue comes up when doing a glassfish system upgrade.

Implementation Team

In-house

Other Solutions Considered

HP Diagnostic and ITCAM.

Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.