CA APM Review

The introscope agents and CEM real business transaction monitoring provide us with insight into application and network performance.

Valuable Features

• Very powerful and flexible suite of tools which provide great insight into application and network performance.
  • The features we use most are the introscope agents and CEM real business transaction monitoring.

Room for Improvement

Introscope Agent management is very manual, although the next version is looking to improve on this situation.

Dashboards are powerful but clunky and time-consuming. Again, the next version is looking to improve on this.

CEM/ADA are extremely powerful, but they require a lot of networking knowledge.

The user management for these tools is poor and we've found the EEM product to help with this to be quite flaky. Again, this is due to be improved upon in the coming version.

Cloud Monitor system seems to be pretty good, although I haven't used it as much as the other components.

Architecture of the OPMS (on premises monitoring system), which integrates with Cloud Monitor, seems over-complicated and doesn't integrate well with the main system.

Use of Solution

Approximately 1 year.

Customer Service is excellent. They're very fast and provide knowledgeable responses.

The support personnel I've dealt with have been very responsive and professional.

Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.

1 Comment
Randall HindsReal UserELITE SQUADTOP 5

Agreed on Feature value & Improvement areas. We had a much poorer experience with Customer Service & Support aspects, though. Frankly, a lack of good service & support weighed heavily on our move away from CA APM.

08 January 16