CA APM Review

It gives us insight into the application performance so we can proactively take actions before the customer calls to report an issue.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature of APM is gaining insight into the application performance so we can proactively take actions before the customer calls to report an issue.

Improvements to My Organization

We have used CEM to get insights into what the user is actually experiencing.

Room for Improvement

There needs to be more ability to report on the performance of the applications, so you could easily have a report run and give you all your performance stats for an application at the end of the month, or week, or after a release. This currently is not easily done, and you can’t schedule it.

In the beginning, there were issues operationalizing CA APM to work with our company. I wasn't involved at the time, though.

We have encountered issues with stability when best practices were not followed. It became more stable after using best practices.

We haven't had issues scaling it.

I'd rate customer service an 8 out of 10.

Technical support is an 8 out of 10.

I was not working in APM when we brought it in, so I don’t know for sure if it replaced anything.

I wasn't involved in the setup.

Implementation Team

It was implemented with a vendor team.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We have an ELA with CA APM and it is very competitive with their competitors from that perspective.

Other Solutions Considered

Our company did evaluate another option, but I was not involved at that time.

Other Advice

Make sure to test as many application types as you can in your POC phase so you can work out issues early in your implementation. Also, make sure load tests are included in that testing.

1 visitor found this review helpful