CA APM Review

It gives us insight into the application performance so we can proactively take actions before the customer calls to report an issue.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of APM is gaining insight into the application performance so we can proactively take actions before the customer calls to report an issue.

How has it helped my organization?

We have used CEM to get insights into what the user is actually experiencing.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be more ability to report on the performance of the applications, so you could easily have a report run and give you all your performance stats for an application at the end of the month, or week, or after a release. This currently is not easily done, and you can’t schedule it.

In the beginning, there were issues operationalizing CA APM to work with our company. I wasn't involved at the time, though.

We have encountered issues with stability when best practices were not followed. It became more stable after using best practices.

We haven't had issues scaling it.

I'd rate customer service an 8 out of 10.

Technical support is an 8 out of 10.

I was not working in APM when we brought it in, so I don’t know for sure if it replaced anything.

I wasn't involved in the setup.

It was implemented with a vendor team.

We have an ELA with CA APM and it is very competitive with their competitors from that perspective.

Our company did evaluate another option, but I was not involved at that time.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure to test as many application types as you can in your POC phase so you can work out issues early in your implementation. Also, make sure load tests are included in that testing.