What is most valuable?
Most valuable features and characteristics for me are:
- Quick setup and good out-of-the-box value provided
- Usable interface and navigation
- Variety and value of the provided metrics
- Qualified and motivated Support services
- Customization options, you can monitor almost everything with EPAgents
How has it helped my organization?
Most of our customers use the tool mainly for incident diagnostic and incident early detection. In this sense, I know that is quite useful for customers. Sometimes it is used to validate results of stress tests before going to production.
What needs improvement?
In my opinion the are some areas for improvement:
- CEM setup is significantly more complex to set up than Introscope, more automation of transaction detection will be useful.
- Command Center should be integrated in the Web environment and the server part should be integrated in the MOM.
- Support for commercial solutions (Oracle Coherence, e-Business Suite and other market leading solutions) is sometimes limited. Official fieldpacks from CA can surely improve this point.
- TeamCenter needs a little more maturity, although I know it is a new feature. CA is working on it. CA should provide new use cases for this new feature in order to adopt the new Team Center.
- End-to-end visibility of transactions in complex environments is not always satisfactory (for instance, transactions crossing OSB).
For how long have I used the solution?
I've been using it for the last seven years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
Overall, we've had no issues with deployment.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I think stability of the CA APM software is one of the strong points of the solution.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We have managed environments up to five Enterprise Manager instances which can be considered a middle-sized environment. We have not find any problem with scalability.
How are customer service and technical support?
SLAs are great. Technical level of the technicians is quite good and the level of motivation in resolving cases is very valuable.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
It is the first APM suite that I have used.
How was the initial setup?
The setup is quite straightforward, but in middle-sized environments it could be long. It would be interesting to have some kind of “cheat sheet” to hasten the initial setup, especially for non-experienced consultants. Documentation is good, but it can be costly to read.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
This is a management role, but as far as I know pricing is in line with other top market tools.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
No other options were evaluated.
What other advice do I have?
I would advise them to look for an experienced partner, have clear objectives and expectations of what they need, and take a time to obtain the most of the tool.