Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Review

It's possible to resolve problems faster because all of the features are connected.

What is most valuable?

CEM (Customer Experience Manager) and Introscope.

How has it helped my organization?

With CA APM, we can see the performance regarding the transactions of our applications and analyse the availability and quality of our environment to provide the best experience for our clients. With this product, it is possible to resolve the problems faster because all of the features are connected.

What needs improvement?

For diagnosing problems, and considering that all products are connected to CA APM, it could indicate in the initial view or dashboard which layer - front end, middleware, back end - is most likely the source of the problem. Today, we can find the problem, but it requires three or more clicks.

Regarding creating dashboards, CA APM needs an enhancement to support building models in HTML5.

More than 2 years

Sometimes, the solution uses Java and this means you need a great environment to deliver high performance.

With CA APM, you can’t scale the ‘webview’ (Team Center), the feature that provides you with the views/dashboards. To do this, you need to build a new environment and start manually.

On a scale from 1-10 (1=worst, 10=best), I rate technical support a 6.

We switched because the product we used before CA APM didn't show application/transaction performance.

It was simple.

The price of the product is close to other similar products, but I think CA needs to change the licensing options because of the high price.

Oracle BPM, IBM Tivoli BSM, Compuware BSM, and BMC.

What other advice do I have?

Get input from your different IT areas. Get help from your IT operations and, more importantly, get help from your business/production IT areas to map how critical it is to monitor applications and your transactions.

More Broadcom DX Application Performance Management reviews from users