CA APM Review

Agents can monitor Java and .NET applications out-of-the-box with limited configuration.

What is most valuable?

APM agents are able to monitor Java and .NET applications out-of-the-box, with limited configuration, and are able to provide Operations with insight on application performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Operations are able to view the performance of their applications and the real-user experience in business transactions, all through a single solution, CA Application Performance Management. Customers are able to understand when applications have issues and which component is causing performance degradation. From the end user to web servers, app servers and backend components, all components are monitored.

What needs improvement?

Reporting capabilities require improvements.

I have used it for four years.

We have been using CA APM for more than two years in production environments and no stability issues have arisen yet.

CA APM is able to monitor hundreds of servers and applications.

Technical support responds fast and solutions experts are available to join in if issues are complex.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup is simple and straightforward because agents are able to monitor applications out-of-the-box.

The license model is really easy to understand.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

CA is looking forward to minimizing the effort required by implementers to build custom dashboards as the Team Center feature is able to provide out-of-the-box dashboards that depict performance of applications through many perspectives, covering all of the different user needs.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are business partners.
Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.