CA APM Review

The solution gives us the flexibility to create metrics and measure whatever we need.

What is most valuable?

The solution gives us the flexibility to create new metrics and measure whatever we need. It makes it possible to monitor the full range of applications from the most complex to the most simple ones.

How has it helped my organization?

When the SAP requests start to become slow, I can proactively warn our internal customers to stay alert for any impact.

What needs improvement?

The customer experience management can be improved by making it possible to track down the user actions on a single page. I would like the tool to give me the exact path taken by my customer on my website, making it easy to understand his needs and the context of any problem that occurred during his visit. Then I wouldn’t need to ask him to run the same scenario again.

We have had this solution for three years.

We have not had any issues with stability.

We have not had any issues with scalability.

Technical support has been great.

I was involved in the installation and it was complex. Every APM environment takes time to make it trustworthy enough to create useful alarms and metrics.

What other advice do I have?

Decide what you want to monitor. Improve the DevOps culture in your company. You need to know your applications before monitoring them.