CA APM Review

The Customer Experience Manager shows the real impact on the customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is the CA Customer Experience Manager, as it shows the real impact on the customers.

How has it helped my organization?

We are constantly looking at the customer experience. Thus, in this aspect, it has helped us to improve the execution time and get real access to the problems.

What needs improvement?

I would appreciate an easier way to record transactions, i.e., in the CA Customer Experience Manager (CA CEM). One difficulty I have is to identify the fields that make the transactions unique, so that APM can identify them in the probe. If they look at other transaction recording software, they can take some ideas from there as to how to simplify the process. I have a lot of arguments from the HTTP packets and also matching the fields requires a deep knowledge of the app that is being monitored.

The other thing that can be improved is that the dashboard edition in the CA APM is very limited and basic. It is almost impossible to create a dashboard with some graphic complexity and the diversity of the tools is also limited.

I have used this solution for two years.

We did encounter stability issues in regards to the DB access and the time it takes to navigate through the application.

Despite the complexity, we did not encounter any scalability issues.

The technical support is very good.

Previously, I have used another solution but in a different institution.

I did not do the initial setup. It was hard to catch up with the setup process when we were presented with the solution.

What other advice do I have?

You should create a user manual according to your system.