CA APM Review

It alerts to application performance dips. When restoring historical data, we reached certain limitations.

What is our primary use case?

It is a monitoring tool used for business intelligence.

What is most valuable?

It is highly-customizable.

How has it helped my organization?

It alerts to application performance dips.

It has been used extensively in KPN's environment since 2013.

It is very stable.

Scalability is very good, because you can choose different amounts of agents.

When we were trying to restore historical data, we have reached certain limitations, which have restricted our historical view from being resized. Also, it change the data from one year into 200 days, historically.

Technical support is excellent. If you opened a support ticket, you would get a reply within a few business hours. They call back and make themselves available.

Yes, I used a different company before, Dynatrace, who is a major APM player. I also used a bit of AppDynamics.

We switched because of efficiency and cost. I think CA APM is a very effective solution.

It was complicated to build up an agent version that housed all the data needed. There are many varieties of agents for different environments. That is the hardest part, selecting the correct one. However if you have selected the proper agent that collects the data that you are interested in, after that, it is fairly simple.

This product was referred to me.