CA APM Review

We use it to discover and monitor user performance behavior

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for application performance monitoring. We have about 2000 applications and mobile applications. We are even using it for applications in the cloud now. So, we are pretty happy with the product.

What is most valuable?

It is the easiest way to obtain metrics in order to understand the behavior of the application, and also, if the application and the users are working well.

How has it helped my organization?

1. We are receiving feedback from the DevOps teams in order to improve the way they are building new applications.
  2. We are discovering how the user uses the applications and what their performance is with them.

What needs improvement?

It does not help prioritize application performance issues at the moment, but the application and the product are working well.

I would like to see a mobile application for the dashboard or the performance.

It is very stable.

The scalability is very good, because we used to have only the latest applications and we are now moving to containers and the newest technologies.

The technical support is responsive.

At the beginning, it was very easy. However, the fine tuning was complex. At the very start, we used a basic metrics. Once we used more complex metrics, it was hard to fine tune. In the end, it is easy to use.

What other advice do I have?

It is very useful for us. We are using a lot of their metrics and their features.