CA APM Review

Helps us know how the application behaves internally, drives application stability

What is our primary use case?

It's for application monitoring and it's extensively used for application performance management.

It works very well and we can get to know how the application really behaves internally, and based on that we will to know who the culprit is and figure it out.

What is most valuable?

We have just started looking at version 10.5 and it has a lot of built-in features for a cloud platform. That is what we are really impressed with.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of stability of our application, that is key, it really helps, APM really drives that factor.

It helps prioritize application performance issues. Through the stress test environment we really evaluate it. We are able to determine what the application requires so that we will provide it and take it from there.

What needs improvement?

I think the new version of APM is going to a new dimension. It really covers the cloud platform. They covered up and they abstracted the layers of the infrastructure and they're giving it an analytics tool as well. Instead of just putting monitoring in place, they are coming up with an analytics solution as well.

If they can come up with a use case of machine learning and artificial intelligence it would be even more useful.

Stability is quite good.

In terms of scalability, because APM is tightly coupled, it doesn't have the scalability as a built-in feature. Starting from version 10.5 it has a different approach for the scalability, while it grows, it really captures that way.

We have, pretty much, good support from them.

What other advice do I have?

I was using this product even before I started with my current organization. I feel it really helps in the application strength, from an analysis perspective.

In application performance, it's the best one in the market. Go for it.