CA APM Review

Streamlines monitoring multiple servers, applications, resources, and users

What is our primary use case?

We are using multiple functions like monitoring applications, files, storage, and DBs.

Performance is very good.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us change from being being reactive to proactive.

What is most valuable?

We're working in a huge environment. It enables me to cover all functionalities and monitor all selected elements over multiple servers, multiple applications, multiple IT resources, and to cover multiple users.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues, including required additional features. But we're not prepared to list them here.

It's stable, it's good enough.

It needs more features, more performance, especially in a huge environment.

We get support from Future Systems, a CA partner. The support is good. Sometimes the response is quick. We are working in a bank, a huge bank, with multiple branches related to the main center. When there is trouble, when there are problems, a business interruption, we need fast support, immediate support, strong support. Future Systems, in our opinion, covers this, but only somewhat. We would rate them "good" to "very good."

Our CA partner suggested we use this product.

Somewhat easy, but some steps were more difficult. It's easy if you install using the default settings. When customizing the installation, you need multiple scales and more knowledge.

What other advice do I have?

When choosing a new vendor the important things for us are the product and the company's reputation.

It's not a 10 out of 10 because the list of features we need. We're always looking forward. But it does cover most of what we need.

We recommended this product to two other banks and both purchased it. We have also recommended it to several other banks.